Three Must-Do's Before Listing Your House For Sale
When it comes to first impressions, the little things make all the difference. If you are planning to sell your home this year, now is the perfect time to prep it for listing. According to Zillow, follow these three steps to get ready to make a great impressions on potential buyers and help seal the deal.
- Clean and declutter
- Eliminate clutter before cleaning - this is the time to purge your home of unwanted items. You can donate items, sell/give them away on Craigslist or neighborhood sharing groups. Recyclers and trash companies often will do pick ups of larger items for free.
- Deep clean your home - this will be your largest time investment. Pay special attention to kitchens and bathrooms, and clean the inside and outside of your windows to boost the home’s overall appearance.
- Organize closets, cabinets and drawers - many potential buyers will open cabinets and closets to see the home’s storage space. Clean and organize storage areas show the buyer that you take care of the home.
- Make small repairs
- Fix any leaking faucets and running toilets
- Replace caulking around tubs, showers and sinks
- Freshen up or repair grout as needed
- Repair/repaint walls in a neutral color that compliments your home
- Fix cracked/broken windows and screens
- Replace burned out lightbulbs
- Improve curb appeal
- Trim bushes, shrubs and trees. Add mulch, rock or gravel to landscaping.
- Repair broken downspouts and gutters
- Clean and repair concrete areas including oil stains and pulling weeds.
*Courtesy of Zillow.com