Recipe: Oktoberfest Sheet Pan Brats with Roasted Vegetagbles
- 4 Bratwurst sausages
- 1 (12-ounch) bottle dark lager beer
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 white onion, cut into large pieces
- 2-1/2 cups Brussels sprouts, cut in half (outer leaves removed, as needed, and stem trimmed)
- 1/2 pound small white potatoes (Dutch Yellow), washed and quartered
- 1-1/2 cups carrots, cut into rounds (if using baby carrots, cut them in half, horizontally)
- 2 apples, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Salt and black pepper to season
- Pierce the sausages with a sharp knife. Add the beer to a saucepan over medium-high heat and add the sausages and garlic. You may need to add some water to the pan (just enough to cover the sausages).
- Bring to a boil, and reduce the heat to medium-low for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar, mustard, and brown sugar. Mix to combine and stir until the brown sugar dissolves.
- Add the vegetables to a large bowl. Pour the mustard mixture over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Transfer the vegetables to the baking sheet. Top with the brats. Season with the caraway seeds and salt and black pepper.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes, tossing once halfway through the cooking time (and flipping the brats), or until the vegetables are browned and tender.
- Remove and serve warm.
*Courtesy of Patricia: https://www.azgrabaplate.com/oktoberfest-sheet-pan-brats-roasted-vegetables